ABAI Maintenance of Certification
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't see your question here? Ask the ABAI office.
- What is Maintenance of Certification (and what happened to recertification)?
- How do I get started in Maintenance of Certification?
- What are the requirements for the ABAI Maintenance of Certification process?
- What is the evidence that participating in MOC improves quality of care?
- Why should I participate in MOC and what will happen if I decide to not participate in MOC?
- If I have a time-unlimited certificate will I lose my certification if I don't participate in MOC?
- I'm nearing retirement and am not sure whether to participate or where to start the process?
- Do I need to participate in MOC for Internal Medicine or Pediatrics to participate in ABAI MOC?
- If I choose to participate in my primary board MOC is there any reciprocity with the modules, CME, or exams?
- What types of CME credits are accepted for ABAI MOC?
- How do I submit proof of my CME credits?
- Will ABAI actually check all of my CME credits?
- If I don't get 25 CME credits one year but have 50 the next year, will the credits be averaged?
- Why do I have to pay an annual MOC fee to maintain my certificate?
- Why is the cost of the secure examination so high?
- What is the total cost of Maintenance of Certification?
- What happens if I fail the Maintenance of Certification secure examination?
- Who writes the questions for the examination?