ABAI Welcomes Dr. Anna Nowak-Wegrzyn as the 2022 Chair of the ABAI Board of Directors
Anna Nowak-Wegrzyn, M.D., PhD is a Professor of Pediatrics at the New York University Grossman School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics at Hassenfeld Children's Hospital.
Her research interests focus on egg and milk allergies, baked milk and baked egg diets, food-induced anaphylaxis in children, novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to food allergy, oral tolerance development, and in particular food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES).
She is also the chair of the Medical Advisory Board for the International FPIES Organization and has led the international effort to write the first Consensus Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management of FPIES, published in 2017. In addition, she is an Associate Editor for the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Dr. Nowak-Wegrzyn has served on the ABAI Board of Directors with distinction since 2017. While on the Board she has served in the following roles:
• Blueprint Committee
• Certification Examination Co-Chair
• Conjoint Standards Committee – Chair
• Executive Committee Secretary
• Finance and Audit Committee Member
• Nominating Committee Member
• Personnel Committee – Chair
• Personnel Committee Member
• Sub-Committee for Part IV Activities for Physician Investigators and Academic Leaders
• Vice-Chair Elect
ABAI and all diplomates are honored to have her lead the board as Chair in 2022.